My year end music postacular continues with my favorite ten songs of 2006. The first two posts in this series are my favorite older albums that discovered in 2006 and my favorite guilty pleasures of the year. As I normally do with singles/song lists, I’ll follow each song with a favorite quote from the song. Top ten songs of 2006, after the jump.
…while P-Fork has finished their year end bonanza, rest assured that my own lists were copied, calculated, collated and concluded last week; they live on, unmarred by the gravitational pull of that blazing red giant around which the indie universe orbits.
I’ll finish typing them up and post them soon.
This category is for albums that came out in 2006 that I’m ashamed to admit I liked. So I’ll list them (again, alphabetically; no need to rank my shame) and explain why I feel dirty just listening to them; something I call the “Dirty Factor”. The list follows the jump… click to keep reading.
Hey all! I’ve decided to do something a bit different this year. I’ve scribbled down a few (well, five) categories and made lists for each one.
Then, over the next week or so, I’m gonna write a post for each category with my list. Here are the categories:
- The Best Old Albums I Discovered This Year – stuff I am embarrased to admit I didn’t own before
- Dirty Pleasure Albums of the Year – stuff I am embarrassed to admit I liked
- My Favorite Songs of the Year – tunes I couldn’t get out of my head.
- My Favorite Albums of the Year, Runners-Up (25-11, but in no particular order)
- and finally, My Favorite Ten Albums of the Year
So, after the jump: the best old albums I discovered this year. Click to see the list.