Danielle came up with a few extra awards in her comment on my last post:
No award for Least Melodic Metal (Torche)? Or Best Incorporation of a Band’s Name into Their Wardrobe (White Shoes and the Couples Company)? And, my personal favorite: Most Charistmatic Lead Singer (Ezra Furman and the Harpoons, of course).
Nice. These inspired me to come up with a few more awards; consider this post the"Technical Achievement" awards ceremony they always do before the real Oscars.
- Most Devastated By Loss of a Banana Suit: Coconut Coolouts (Seattle, WA)
- Most Likely to Win a Jamie Kennedy Look-a-like Contest: No Age (Los Angeles, CA)
- Most Likely to Self-Destruct Before Age 30: Nick Diamond of Islands (Montreal, Canada)
- The "Nastiest Chops" Award: Jamie "Hotel" Hince of The Kills (London, UK)
- Most Able to Press Play on a Laptop and Dance Around: Dan Deacon (Baltimore, MD)
- The "Time to Hang It Up" Award: Roky Erickson (Austin, TX)
- Highest Percentage of All-Denim Outfits and Sunglasses: Dr. Dog (Philadelphia, PA)
Also, be sure to check out the SXSW photos I took during the festival at my SXSW 2008 Flickr set. I’ll be adding more photos to that set as I finishing sorting and developing them.
Oh, and by the way… the 2007 winner of the "Most Able to Press Play on a Laptop and Dance Around" Award was Girl Talk, and in 2006, it went to Jason Forrest.
No related posts.